Friday, September 5, 2008

Baby Bunny








Just an update on our lil ZOO.....







So last week Will was going by the bunny cage & thought he saw a bug wiggling in the bunny fluff. Thank god he didn't smash first & look later because turns out it was a cute little baby bunny. Its so tiny our hampsters are bigger than the baby. Its momma bunny rabbit is pretty young too so she really didn't know what to do. We got searching in the cage & we actually found a few more babies but sad enough they didn't make it.. Lets pause a moment in rememberance of all our lost pets boo hoo .. .. ..

Well long story short we still have one adorable, mouse looking, pinkish getting furrier by the day baby bunny in which we named sweet pea. The momma who's just a baby herself wasn't taking care of her so I made her a little bunny nest to keep her warm & have been attempting to feed her. The baby actually makes little squeaky sounds when its ready to eat & thank goodness all the reading I've found says bunny babies only eat once or twice a day. Well we tried bottle feeding with a baby kitten bottle & that did not go so great so I got mommy bunny (Snoopy Sue) & turned her on her side & I hold the baby to her. It works great & the baby seems to be very healthy. Its amazing how fast they develop!! So Will teases me when I'm feeding the bunny he asks if I'm nursing my baby.. Its too fun!! Snoopy & Hoppy are proud parents & so are we its the cutest thing holding on to something so tiny & just seeing it grow day by day!!!
So we officially have 3 bunnies, 2 dogs, 2 hampsters [after we lost Nibbles :( so sad] we just had to buy 2 more not just one. Of course my 2 cutiepie children & MOM & DAD in charge of the crazy lil Trujillo Zoo!!!